Friday, August 22, 2014

Welcome!

This blog is currently a work in progress, so bear with me!

I have revived this blog a couple times over the past few years, but I have never really stuck with it. This time around, I plan to make more of an effort with it. :)

The past few months of my life have been very hectic. I moved with my family out of my childhood home, started a job, bought a car, started another job, and have since been working to make a life for myself. Let me tell you, it has been an adventure!

Like many, I used to suffer from an internet addiction. For 2 or 3 years, I had a tumblr account that did nothing but devour my time. Last month, I finally deleted my account and broke away from the negative trap that is tumblr.

Just weeks later, I have noticed major improvements in my quality of life! I spend more time actually doing things instead of lying motionless on my bed (or floor) for hours. I'm also working a job I never would have been able to manage if I spent as much time as I used to on the computer. I've also been more creative and have been more dedicated to finishing projects.

Speaking of projects, I have been on a refinishing kick lately! A couple nights a week, I like to watch house-flipping programs on HGTV with my mom; I have found them to be really inspiring! My favorites are Rehab Addict, Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, and Property Brothers. I especially love the designers who repurpose dated and/worn pieces instead of simply throwing them out. For the past coupe weeks, I have been completely obsessed with finding old pieces that I can breathe new life into! Here are a couple instagrams of my recent works:


The 3-window frame was a $1 Goodwill score that I fixed up with Krylon Color Master in the color Sea Glass; I also did a lamp with the same paint! The larger frames below were old, plastic, brass-finished frames I've had for ages. I sprayed them with Krylon Color Master in Sea Glass and I'm in love! They are still works in progress. I have yet to make one into a chalkboard and the other into a bulletin board.

Today, I went to my local Traderbaker's Flea Market and scored this awesome vintage chair:
You won't believe how much I paid for it- $5!! It obviously needs a new seat and the spindles between the legs need to be put back  in place, but overall, it's in great shape! My dad is going to help me get it fixed up, then I'm going to paint it! I can't wait to get started on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment