Sunday, September 28, 2014

Throw blanket progress

Progress on my knitted throw blanket has been coming along nicely. I received the yarn on the 14th and got straight to work. Due to the drastic changes in thickness throughout the yarn and the smaller-than-called-for needles I chose, it was difficult to get gauge; ultimately, my gauge is still a little off, but I think it's working out fine.
Except a few minor hiccups at the beginning (i.e. I wasn't paying attention AT ALL), this project is working up well! It's nice to work on while watching TV because it isn't too involved. It also moves along rather quickly, despite it's size.
The yarn is absolutely perfect, too. It does shed a LOT, which is something I hope will subside after a while, but other than that, it's beautiful. It's oh-so soft, has excellent drape, and is nice and heavy. Also, the thick-and-thin nature of the yarn lends itself perfectly to the rustic/heirloom quality I was aiming for. I can't wait to see how this project turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment